Tap Tap Customs

The new generation of TTR customs.

You are not logged in.

Adverts

Adverts

• Index
  •  » Other
  •  » The "Tap Tap Revenge: VIP" Cydia error explained...

#1 19-08-10 17:36:33

CharlieMcShane
#Root Admin
Website

The "Tap Tap Revenge: VIP" Cydia error explained...

Many people are asking the same question. "Tap Tap Revenge: VIP is not appearing on my springboard after install. Is it just me? Or is there a problem with the application that needs fixing?". After a staggering 10,000+ downloads from Cydia ALONE; I feel obliged to explain the full details of why Tap Tap Revenge: VIP is not appearing on your Springboards and resulting you to installing the application and wait for a fix, so here goes:

"   Tap Tap Revenge: VIP is infract actually on your iDevice upon downloading and installing from Cydia or either ModMyi or TTRCustoms repo. The application installs in the directory "/Applications" and is fully working. However, the engine is calling out for commands from the subfolders: "Documents", "Library" and "tmp" which all Tap Tap applications need for them to fully function. When TTR: VIP is installed in directory it is, it cannot obtain these folders. So the application suppositorily refuses to appear on the Springboard.
   This is a tricky situation, this is not a small tweak or a little edit we can do, we have to follow our footsteps through the build of the application and see where we can change the direction of these requested commands that the application calls for and never finds. We have, in total, tested and retested the application a staggering 43 times to see if the application will appear on the springboard and run. Finally, we have a version that does, yet only a white square can be seen rather than the applications icon. We will continue more research into the matter and we will make sure that a problem like this will never occour again."

I hope that clears up a few questions about the whole error with TTR: VIP, we have asked and joined new people to the team that have a good understanding to work around this problem, when this error is fixed, we will not stop, and push forward into making some DLC and hopefully join other related teams to create even more amazing updates and applications for all you fans!

Kind Regards
Charlie McShane

"COME FORTH JOHN, AND RECEIVE ETERNAL LIFE" bellowed God, but John came fifth and won a toaster...

19-08-10 17:36:33

AdBot
Advertisements

#2 20-08-10 03:36:40

AndrewX3
Your user friendly noob
Website

Re: The "Tap Tap Revenge: VIP" Cydia error explained...

About the icon, wouldnt you be able to replace the icon.png file with an SSH tool (Eg. IPhoneBrowser), because I needed to do that to actually get the proper icon for TTR: VIP.
But if its a case of the programming I suppose changing the .plist file might work?

But obviously this is pure guesswork as I don't have it installed off Cydia, I have it installed by App Sync OS 4.x

#3 21-08-10 17:33:40

CharlieMcShane
#Root Admin
Website

Sepulchure00 wrote:

About the icon, wouldnt you be able to replace the icon.png file with an SSH tool (Eg. IPhoneBrowser), because I needed to do that to actually get the proper icon for TTR: VIP.
But if its a case of the programming I suppose changing the .plist file might work?

But obviously this is pure guesswork as I don't have it installed off Cydia, I have it installed by App Sync OS 4.x

No, its deffo not any of those problems, haha. It is deffo a complex problem which involves further coding. :)

"COME FORTH JOHN, AND RECEIVE ETERNAL LIFE" bellowed God, but John came fifth and won a toaster...

#4 01-09-10 09:14:10

AndrewX3
Your user friendly noob
Website

Have you got any news on the starter pack?
Because it seems to need frequent updating and keeps giving a message that says it has dependency problems.

Hypothetically, the way Tapulous do the direct download to your app, is there a way we could do that with this app?
I'm saying this because I know not everyone has the time to check cydia every day, or they don't know how to use iFile.

#5 01-09-10 11:16:55

CharlieMcShane
#Root Admin
Website

Sepulchure00 wrote:

Have you got any news on the starter pack?
Because it seems to need frequent updating and keeps giving a message that says it has dependency problems.

Hypothetically, the way Tapulous do the direct download to your app, is there a way we could do that with this app?
I'm saying this because I know not everyone has the time to check cydia every day, or they don't know how to use iFile.

I have removed Tap Tap Revenge: VIP's dependency on "Starter Pack DLC", so you can install the application without errors, I still need to update the "Starter Pack DLC" to fixes its damages .deb files.

I can't use the "In app downloading" because everything is sort of hexed into the server, so I can't really redirect anything anywhere, so I have to remove it. It would be too tricky to rescript it too. So it will have to be DLC packs in Cydia.

You don't have to use iFile to move tracks. You just install DLC from Cydia and go to the TTR:VIP and it will be there. No SSH needed :)

• Index
  •  » Other
  •  » The "Tap Tap Revenge: VIP" Cydia error explained...

Adverts

Board footer